Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Great idea for keeping fabric and pattern nice and neat.

Well, I am trying to hold true to the promise I made at the beginning of the year. I was going to shop my own stash.
Over the years I have bought many books, patterns and fabric with the idea that I was going to actually use them. So, this year I decided I bought them for a reason and that I really did love them at the time so I am going to concentrate on using them and getting them completed this year.
  I found a beautiful pattern several years ago at a quilt show, so after my search for months for just the right fabric  I put them all in one bag so I was sure to keep them together and not accidently use them for something else.
Jump forward a few years later to last Friday. I took those fabrics and pattern out of the bag and decided it was time. Of course they were all folded up nice in that bag and now I needed to iron all those lovely folds out.
I knew I wasn't going to have time to cut them up over the holiday weekend so I needed a way to keep them nice and neat until I could cut them. This is what I came up with.

I took a pants hanger and used it to keep my fabric and pattern together and keep it from getting wrinkled.
Yes sometimes I surprise myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment