Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Never watch the Food Channel when your hungry!

Saturday, Wally and I were watching one of our favorite shows on the Food Channel, Drive In, Dinners and Dives.  Guy was at a place that was well known for their wings. As we watch the chef makes his special wings, I started craving wings.
So when my son Jon said he would come by Sunday and stay for dinner, the light bulb went off.

We went to Costco after church(note to self, don't go to Costco after church, everyone else goes there after church.) to get a big bag of wings. I remembered when I was there that they have great Pizza's so we grab on as well.
We marinated our wings in buttermilk, some wing sauce and secret spices.
Wally was the fry man and I made a homemade Ranch Dip and Blue Cheese Dip.
Our wings turn out great!!!
We had a nice family dinner with Jon and Amanda and even enjoyed watching the Bears win. (Okay I switched channels to the Real Housewives of New Jersey during one of the commericals and Jon missed Devin Hessers punt return for a touchdown)
Other then that our evening was a hit. We decided the next time we make wings we will experiment with a few different sauces.




No comments:

Post a Comment