Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to school dress!

So I decided to make a few cute dresses for my daughter Amanda for the start of this school year.
I let her pick the fabric and of course I had to pick one too!!! (some say I am a control freak??)
Since my main sewing skills are quilting I decided to find one of those patterns that claims Quick and Easy on the cover. How hard can it be right? After all I can quilt.
Without going into to too much detail, there was lots of unsewing, some cuss words and lets just say the first dress is now a skirt.
I made a few adjustments on the second dress and it turned out much better.

This is the fabric Amanda picked. Very cute pinks, reds and turquoise, by Micheal Miller.
She was going to wear it the first day of school but than we found out she has PE so it will have to wait until the second day. I will post pictures with her wearing her dress the second day of school.



No comments:

Post a Comment