Friday, August 12, 2011

Fun Friday

Okay, a little while back I posted a new template called Lil Twister. It is a fun and easy way to use up all those charm packs we have all been hoarding. Yes, I said it hoarding !!!
Since I am being honest, I started hoarding Layer Cakes too, here is the quickest quilt I ever made using the larger Twister Template, seriously, it went so fast !!!!

You simply take 36, 10" squares and sew a 6 1/4" border and then cut using the Twister template. Once all your squares are cut, you simply sew them back together.
The great part is, the border is done when you are done with the quilt.
Now you can always add more borders, depending how big you want your quilt.
On this quilt I simply grabbed a 10" square and started sewing, I think I will pay more attention to placement on the next quilt.
Definitely a quilt that can be made in a day !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment