Thursday, August 22, 2013

Family Favorite

Many of you have asked me for this recipe, so I thought it would be easier to share it on my blog.
 
Easy Chicken Enchilada's
 
 
Ingredients you will need.
2 cups cooked chicken breast
( I bake a whole and half of breast in oven with a little olive oil and seasoning and when it cools down I chop it up.)
 
10 soft shell tortillas
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
3 tbs butter
3 tbs of flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
  4oz can of diced green chilies
Recipe didn't call for Cilantro but I love it and I think it cuts the richness of the sauce.
 
Pre heat oven to 350
Mix chicken, 1 cup cheese and some chopped cilantro in a bowl. I add the juice from the chicken into the mixture as well. It add more flavor and keeps the mixture moist.
Here is where I eyeball the amount of mixture I add to a tortilla. I usually use my hands and use a fist full. Lay it on one edge of the tortilla and roll it, place it in a baking pan. I use a 9 by 13 and also an 8 by 8. You don't want to smash them all into one pan.
Next melt 3 tbs of butter in a pan, add flour and cook for one minutes whisking as it cooks. Add broth and continue whisking until mixture thickens and is bubbly. Remove from heat and add the sour cream and green chilies.
Pour mixture of enchiladas, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 22 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown on top.
Serve with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment