Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting into Trouble.

Well, Saturday my partner in crime, Diane and I went out for the day.
We originally said we were going to sew but of course decided we needed to go and "see" what was on sale at our local quilt shop.
We got in the car and started heading to one of our favorite shops when I asked if she had been to the new shop in town. Guess what??? She hadn't so my car, on it's own, make a quick U turn and we were on our way to the new shop. It's called Cabbage Rose, and it is in a cute log cabin style building.  Wow, does she have some great fabric. Her shop has a very Shabby Chic style, which of course I just love. She also told us she is making a big room in the back for classes and  weekend sew ins. How fun is that going to be?
After we left there I asked Diane if she has ever been to the Tempe Yarn & Fiber Shop, again she said no and off we were to another destination.
My Mom was so good at so many different things and of course she loved to knit and crochet. As a kid she tried to teach me but I just wasn't interested. After visiting that shop, I wish I had learned. What amazing possibilities.
You know how I love purses, well they had the most amazing purse made out of wool yarn. So of course my mind went wild and I started to imagine all the wonderful creations I could make. I am seeing a beginning knitting class in my future. SSSHHHHH don't tell my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment