Thursday, September 13, 2012

Stepping out of the box.

I have been having so much fun lately trying new things.
 
I have always wanted to learn how to make Mozzarella Cheese, I have seen it done on the cooking channel and they make it look so easy. My first thought was I am sure I can find a class somewhere in the valley, so I searched Google. I was really surprised to find nothing listed. So my second thought was  You-tube, I am always amazed at what it on You-tube. Sure enough I found several step by step tutorials.
I found that I needed Whole Milk, or best Unpasteurized, vegetable rennet and citric acid tablets. I figured if any place would have all three it would be Whole Foods. To my surprise Whole Foods did not carry Unpasteurized Milk, now they have every variety of Milk and Milk type products but not Unpasteurized. They recommend I go to one of the local dairy farms. Because the recipes said Whole Milk will work just as well I went with it. I found my vegetable rennet and citric acid at Whole Foods as well.
I  was surprised how easy it was to do!
So of course I had to make my favorite dish with my very own home made cheese.
 
 
Yes, it was as good as it looks, I have tons of basil in my garden right now so I made a pesto and drizzled it on the tomatoes and cheese. Now I just wish I can grow decent tomatoes in Arizona!
 
This summer I turned 50, yes, 50!!!!
Boy, that was tough, however, my good friend Anna bought me a wonderful gift.
She enrolled us in a 12 week Floral arrangement class. Last night was our first class and let me tell you, I LOVE IT!!!
Here is a picture of my first arrangement.
I can't wait to see what we do next week!
I will be sure and post each week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment