Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Best dinner.

 
I wanted to share with you a great, healthy dinner I made last night. I wish I had taken a picture but didn't think that far in advance.
 
I had left over salad from the night before, lots of different greens with tomatoes and cucumber. I also had two roasted chicken breast, when I roast chicken I like to make extra and have it on had for other dinners.
I took a head of cauliflower, two red peppers and 3 zucchinis cut them up and brushed them with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted them in a 400 degree oven.
I took 4 lemons and juices them into my Cuisinart, along with two garlic cloves, a hand full of fresh basil, salt, pepper, dried thyme and a pinch of sugar. I ran the Cuisinart until the were liquefied. I slowly added a 1/3 of a cup of olive oil while running the Cuisinart to emulsify the dressing.
Once the vegetables were brown around the edges I removed them from the oven  and let cool. I removed the skin on the roasted red peppers.
I chopped the chicken breast, added the roasted vegetables and drizzled the dressing on my salad.
A very healthy and delicious meal for my family.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment