Friday, May 21, 2010

Out of the mouth of babes !!!

The other day, my daughter Amanda said, "Mom you never quilt anymore, all you do is make purses, diaper bags, book bags and totes !"
Well, she is some what right. I spend the majority of my times these day filling orders for my One of a Kind Bags, which I love don't get me wrong. However, my first love is quilting and that is what brought me to where I am now.
So I decided to finish the last quilt my Mom worked on.
 Kinda bittersweet.
She made me promise before she passed away that I would finish her quilt and get it quilted so that it could go on my Dad's bed. She had all the piecing done, all I had to do was put on the borders and quilt it.
It took me almost a year to be able to look at much less work on this quilt. But after Mother's Day the time just seemed right and it is now on my machine getting quilted.
It is going to be beautiful when it is finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment