Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Just love fall.

Fall is my favorite time of year, the cooler weather, the holidays, and warm hearty comfort foods. I love making soups, homemade breads, crock pot stews, apple desserts and all the fall vegetables.
Today I decided to try this new recipe that I saw on Pen and Fork website.
I love Acorn and Butternut squash but have never try Kabocha.

 
My new favorite thing to do with vegetables is to roast then in the oven with a drizzle of Olive Oil and salt and pepper.
So I cut this squash in half, took out the seeds and cut into 1/2 wedges. I left the skin on because they are very hard and it makes it difficult to peel.
I drizzle with Olive oil, and salt and peppered them and roasted at 400 degrees until they were soft and getting golden brown.
Then I took a 1/2 cup of pure Maple syrup and brought it to a boil. Reduced it to a 1/3 of a cup. Added 1 tablespoon of Rice Wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice. Drizzled the syrup of the cooked squash and put it back into the oven for about another 10 minutes.
The glaze is so good that I think I am going to do the same recipe with sweet potatoes next time.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment