Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Nordstroms Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad.

The other night I had dinner with a friend at Nordstroms. I had ordered the Cilantro Lime Chicken salad and fell in love! The flavors were over the top and I knew I had to try and make it at home
A quick trip to Sprouts later I was in the kitchen with my mad scientist apron on trying to duplicate the flavors.
First I cooked the chicken, I seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, and lime zest. I drizzled a little olive oil and cooked it on the oven. The secret to moist chicken is to take it out a few minutes before it is completely done and cover it with foil. It will finish cooking and all the juices will stay in the chicken.
Next I roasted zucchini and red peppers. Now this salad had corn in it, I know this may sound odd but the corn must have been freeze dried. It wasn't hard, but it also wasn't chewy. So 10 minutes before the zucchini and peppers were done I put some corn on the tray to mimic the corn in the salad.
I also chopped up tomatoes and cucumbers.
Now onto the dressing. I added the juice of 4 limes into the Cuisinart along with two cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon of honey. I then added the leaves of cilantro, about a cup full and pulsed until everything was blended.
Then I slowly added olive oil until my dressing was emulsified and creamy looking.
I chopped the chicken added all my ingredients to a bowl of mixed greens poured my dressing over the salad and garnished with Pepita and sunflower seeds.
The picture is not the greatest but the taste is over the top!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment