Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cooking from our garden.

Our garden is producing some amazing vegetables!
 
Last night for dinner I made Lasagna using Zucchini instead of noodles.
 
 
I used my mandolin and sliced my Zucchini lengthwise and replaced the noodles with Zucchini.
I place a small amount of Olive Oil on the bottom of my baking dish and put my first layer of Zucchini down.
Next I took Ricotta cheese and mixed in one egg, chopped Chives from the garden, grated Romano Cheese, grated Mozzarella, crushed garlic and salt and pepper.
I then spread a thin layer of the Ricotta mixture over the Zucchini and then laid another layer of Zucchini on top of that. My next layer was sliced tomatoes and lots of fresh Basil on top of the tomatoes. Another layer of Zucchini, more Ricotta another layer of Zucchini and then I topped it with Marinara sauce and grated Romano and Mozzarella cheese.
Baked it in a 350 oven for 30 minutes and let is sit for 15 once out of the oven.
It was delish! My daughter went back for seconds and that says a lot!
Our Cherry tomatoes are starting to turn red and yesterday I picked our first Cucumber. We planted Watermelon and  Pumpkins yesterday and will plant more Sunflowers and Musk Melon this weekend.
We have really enjoyed our garden and learning about the growing season in Arizona.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment