Tuesday, May 21, 2013

This mornings harvest.

 
Our tomatoes are so happy! This is what we pick this morning.
 

So of course I knew what I had to make for dinner, Lidia Bastianich Pasta with Baked Cherry Tomatoes.
First I halved the tomatoes and put them in a large bowl.
 I added 3 TBS of Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp. pepperoncino flakes and 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs. Mix gently and place on baking sheet and place in 350 oven.
While the tomatoes were in the oven I sliced 10 cloves of garlic and chopped 1 cup basil and grated 1/2 cup pecorino.
I put a large pot of salted water on the stove and just before the tomatoes were lightly caramelized  I added the pasta.
Next I added the sliced garlic and 1/2 cup of olive oil in a large pan.

Once the oil starts bubbling I added 2 cups pasta water and turn heat up so I had a rapid boil. Reduce the liquid by half.
 
Next I removed the tomatoes from the oven.

 
Once pasta is AL denta, I lifted it out of the water and into the pan of garlic and olive oil.
Lightly toss pasta and then add tomatoes.
Remove from heat and add the half cup of Pecorino and basil.
Next I add small dollops of Ricotta.
 
As my dear sweet Mother would say "Manga"
 
Sorry for the poor quality of the final picture, it was still steaming and it cause the picture to be a bit blurry.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment