Monday, January 28, 2013

Mark your calenders!

I am so excited to announce that Scrapbooks Etc. in Mesa is hosting an open sew day for making Pillow Cases for Cancer Patients.
So please mark your calenders for Friday, February 15th. from 10am to 4pm.
 
When I came up with this idea to make Pillow Cases for Cancer Patients, I brought it to several of the quilt shops in the valley. Scrapbooks Etc.  http://scrapbooks-etc.com/ was the first to jump on board .
They are providing a great space for us to come out on the 15th and make Pillow Cases.  What more could I have asked for, oh wait there is more.......
Not only are they providing a great space, they are advertising this event as well. But wait, can you believe they are still doing more! They are giving all participants a 10% discount for any purchases made that day. Wow! Thanks http://scrapbooks-etc.com/
 
I have reached out to our wonderful local fabric and pattern designers and have asked them to come out on the 15th. The response has been overwhelming.
 
I am also pleased to announce that there will be some great door prizes that do too!
Many friends and family have said they would love to help but don't sew.
Well, come join us on the 15th, we will put your to work. You can help cut fabric, iron or just be a great cheer leader.
 
People have also asked if they can donate in other ways. I have had several generous people donate money to put towards fabric purchase.
 
Even if you can't make it on the 15th, you can still make pillow cases at home and drop them off.
I can't say Thank you enough to all the great people who have come forward to help me make this a reality.
 


2 comments:

  1. I have marked my calendar...I hope to be there :):) Hugs- Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see you and spend some sewing time with you. It's going to be a fun day. I have a few surprised and some great door prizes as well.

    ReplyDelete