Sunday, January 30, 2011

You can lead a horse to water...

Yesterday we spent a lovely afternoon with my husband family.
During the time there my phone rang a few time regarding my business. I took those calls but may sure I got up and walk away from the family so I would not sitting at the table full of family discussing business. At one point one of my in laws or maybe for this story I should refer to him as a outlaw..... made a negative reference to my business.
Now mind you he has never taken the time to hear the details of my business, asked about this companies history or  about the outstanding products this company provides.
Of course I tried to tell him about the outstanding products, tried to share that they are better for you, better for the environment and cost less than the grocery store brands but he didn't hear any of that, he just kept going back to what he believed to be a fly by night multi level marketing company. I shared with him about this companies 25 years in business, how it has received many awards for it outstanding business practices, and how it made $948 million dollars last year, 2010 when the unemployment rate was the highest, foreclosure with at a record high, etc..etc...
Still he focus on the fact they pay their marketing executive differently so it can't be a legitimate company.
My thought is when you have a company that is constantly striving to produce products that help you live a healthier life, offer more cost effective products that are safer for you, your family and the environmental and offer you a opportunity to help your  family financially wouldn't  you just embrace it and be thankful someone cares enough about you to share it with you????
So I decided I wasn't going to spend anymore time sharing it with him because like my Dad always says "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"
Thanks Dad !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment