Thursday, February 3, 2011

Surprised even me!!!

I am very excited to go talk to the Mom's Club of East Mesa today.
I was part of this group back when Amanda was just a toddler, it was a great opportunity for me to meet other women with young kids. I am so thankful for this group and the wonderful women I met and continue to have great relationships with today.
I am going to speak today about all the toxic chemicals in our homes and lives.
I thought I was very aware of all the toxins in our household cleaning  and personal hygiene products,  wow !!!!!! I had so much more to learn.
I read about products that I used in my home for years, products that have known carcinogens in them.  From as far back as I can remember I used products like Comet and Ajax, I learned that these products contain Silica, Silica is carcinogenic when it occurs as a fine respirable dust. Yes, for years I was breathing this toxin every time I scrub my tubs and sinks.
As I continued with my research I learned the link between these household cleaners and asthma and other respiratory problems, skin conditions and allergies.
I found one study that tested umbilical cord blood and found over 232 chemicals, this wasn't just one cord tested but hundreds. Something else I found was formaldehyde and Dioxane in baby products like lotions, shampoos, liquid  soaps, bath washes, bubble baths, baby wipes and toothpaste.
We are buying hand sanitizer, making our children use them several times a day, but do you know that most sanitizers contain 60 to 90% alcohol, a stronger concentration than most hard liquors. Even a small dose can be dangerous if ingested. This can lead to dizziness, slurred speech, headaches and even brain damage and fatalities in extreme cases.
We need to stop poisoning our families, there are superior products that are safer for your family, our earth, and cost less then most grocery store brands.
There are many things in life that we have no control over, we can control what we are exposing our family too.
Let me show you how to protect your love ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment